I have discovered the next essential staple pantry item. After experiencing its flavor and the multiple ways it can be used, I am ALWAYS going to keep this item in my pantry. What is it? A jar of marinated, roasted red peppers.
Red pepper is one of my favorite ingredients. It has a flavor all of its own. Its not spicy-hot like its other pepper cousins, but has a subtle sweet with a little spicy warm flavor. Also, its found in almost every ethnic food, kind of like garlic. Also, not many people have heard of or tasted marinated roasted red peppers. When added to a dish, it makes a statement. It's a new flavor, that is very pleasing to almost every mouth, that is also a surprise. People will taste it and say, "Wow, what is this taste??"
So marinated roasted red peppers......they are the flavor of red peppers, but the roasting takes the bitterness out of them and makes them more mellow and sweet, that are marinated in a garlicky, olive oil, and herbs marinade. YUM! I bought my jar at Aldi's and was very impressed. I'm sure they are probably cheapest there. If you are expecting a harvest of red peppers from your garden this year, and know how to can, then here is a site that with a recipe for making your own homemade jar. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/marinated_roasted_red_bell_peppers/
So here you are, TEN uses for this wonderful product. Enjoy! (MRRP=marinated roasted red peppers)
1. salad topping
2. appetizer: black beans, avocado, cilantro, lime, and MRRP
3. wrap: tortilla, grilled chicken breast, avocado, sour cream, black beans, cheese, MRRP
4. grilled cheese: mozzarella, fresh basil, tomato, and MRRP
5. top onto a nice juicy steak
6. pizza topping, especially a vegetarian pizza or a white sauce pizza
7. any pasta dish....be it with a red sauce, white cream sauce, wine sauce, or a pasta salad
9. baked potato topping, or twice baked potato topping
10. any cold cut sandwich
Here's what they look like out of the jar: